We help airline pilots create, grow and protect wealth so they can have as much fun in retirement as they did flying airplanes!Contact us for your free one-hour consultation
How can success in one profession, such as an Airline Pilot Professional translate into investing success?
Learn to use the skills and discipline that airline pilots must have to fly a safe and efficient airplane to improve your chances of successful investing.
Join Our Airline News Stream
Keep up with the latest news in the airline industry!
There is a misconception that earning a high income equates to being “rich”. However, as you may be painfully aware, wealth does not come automatically. Building wealth takes discipline and an intentional investment strategy. Many factors come into play: cost of living, lifestyle creep, current taxation, diversification of assets and having your financial affairs in order.read more
We will discuss the various elements of death taxes, wills, trusts, long-term care and life insurance, and how to keep it all organized.read more
When markets are volatile it can be hard to maintain your investing discipline. We can help you navigate the tumult and stay on track.read more
Southwest Airlines distributes their annual Profit Sharing on March 15th. Do you understand how those monies are paid out?
There is a widespread misperception that all of the profit sharing money is paid directly to you. In fact, profit sharing is distributed based on a number of factors: current year 401k contributions, income in excess of $270,000 (for 2017) as well as elections you selected in October 2017. Here is a quick breakdown of things you need to know.read more
We discuss the monetary and emotional impact of not having a financial plan for retirement.read more
We recorded our Cyber Security webinar for those of you who weren’t able to attend and/or for those who want to review the information again. Leading Edge teamed up with the information security experts at CyberDx to discuss how to keep your online financial data secure and prevent identity theft. Topics covered include: Basic Computer Security Practices, Phishing, Viruses/Malware and a Q & A segment. This is a recording of the live webinar we hosted on February 15, 2018.read more
Leading Edge has teamed up with the information security experts at CyberDx to discuss how to keep your online financial data secure and prevent identity theft.read more
As we near the end of another year it is always wise to review your financial situation. LEFP has created a checklist to help you evaluate your progress, maximize opportunities and prepare you for the upcoming tax reform changes.read more
Working with a financial planner who specializes in the airline industry is a MUST for pilots. Pilots face work challenges unlike any other career, for example: forced retirement, stringent medical requirements, high earning potential paired with working in a volatile market. In this video Charlie shares what issues pilots should be aware of and how each can be handled by a specialist in a way that leads to peace of mind and financial security.read more
The Number Four Top Ten Retirement Mistake to avoid is "Too Much or Not Enough Risk In Your Investment Portfolio." How do you know the right amount of investment risk for you? What do the phrases "risk capacity" and "risk tolerance" mean and why are they important to...read more
Airline Pilots Face Unique Challenges
Pilots Face Unique Challenges
1. FAA mandatory age 65 retirement.
2. FAA Health and Medical Requirements – Risk of losing FAA Medical.
3. Airline Pilots typically spend one third to one half of their time away from their families.
4. Airline industry specific risks; Mergers/Acquisitions, Furlough, Bankruptcy.
5. Known high-income profession – Constantly offered financial schemes and get-rich-quick gimmicks.
How Leading Edge Financial Planning Can Help
1. We have experience helping airline pilots overcome the unique challenges and risks in the airline industry. Since I am an airline pilot, I am familiar with the potential pitfalls unique to our industry and how to mitigate those risks.
2. We understand how to maximize employer benefits. We help pilots prepare for and limit the risk of losing their ability to fly due to loss of their FAA Medical.
3. We utilize the latest client service technology to help organize and simplify your personal finances, thus reducing stress in your life.
5. Our investment and financial planning process increases your chances for success and enables you to spend your valuable time at home doing the things you love instead of worrying about investments and retirement planning.
We strongly believe airline families that have a financial plan will do better than those who do not.
We have a passion for helping our airline families understand where they are now, where they want to go and the best way to get there.
Achieving this clarity in your financial life reduces uncertainty, reduces stress and increases your quality of life now as well as in retirement.
Thank you for visiting our “Landing Page.” We sincerely hope we can be of service to you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or phone. We’d love to hear from you!
All the best and fly safe!
Charlie Mattingly, CFP®, MBA
Principal and Co-founder LEFP
Free One-Hour Consultation
Please call or book a free one-hour consultation.