We help airline pilots create, grow and protect wealth so they can have as much fun in retirement as they did flying airplanes!Contact us for your free one-hour consultation
How can success in one profession, such as an Airline Pilot Professional translate into investing success?
Learn to use the skills and discipline that airline pilots must have to fly a safe and efficient airplane to improve your chances of successful investing.
Join Our Airline News Stream
Keep up with the latest news in the airline industry!
We discuss risk in every financial aspect of our client’s lives, from asset protection, dying early, living too long, stock market volatility, etc. However, the biggest risk we rarely discuss is the hidden risk of deteriorating physical and/or mental health in retirement.read more
How do you protect my money when the market goes down?read more
In support of the current Southwest Airlines open enrollment window, we are presenting a break down of what benefits are available and how to choose the best one for your situation. Today we are discussing the Southwest Airlines Non-Qualified Plans.read more
One of the most powerful fears Americans experience is someone stealing their personal or financial identity. The Experian data breach affected 145 million people in the fall of 2017; that is 50% of our population. It is now our turn to take back control of this sensitive data. How? It is called a credit freeze and best of all, it’s now free to use.read more
In preparation for the upcoming Southwest Airlines open enrollment, we are presenting a break down of what benefits are available and how to choose the best one for your situation. Charlie talks about Southwest Airlines Short Term and Long Term Disability and Loss-of-License Insurance. He explains the differences between Short Term Disability (STD) A and B, Long Term Disability (LTD), Loss of License (LOL) and Voluntary LOL (VLOL), including their salary, pension, and tax implications. He also shares which selections he recommends and why.read more
It’s almost Southwest Airlines benefit season. SWA and SWAPA together offer an amazing benefits package, but it can be complicated. Between SWA and SWAPA there are FOUR enrollment periods every year! We’re here to help!read more
Dr. Smita Borole and Anish Gaikwad stopped by to give us this wonderful certificate of recognition for sponsoring the Smiles for Hope Gala. We were honored to support their organization, but it’s really Smiles for Hope that deserves the recognition.read more
As we get closer to retirement the idea of creating an income stream becomes very, very important. Retirement doesn’t mean having the biggest pile of money when you die. Instead, retirement planning should enable you to live the life you want to live and have the income when you need it.read more
Last week Kevin and I traveled to Colorado to visit with some of our clients in that region. What a great trip! In the age of doing business over the internet, it was a real treat to meet so many of you in person. We enjoyed fantastic conversations and took in some gorgeous sightseeing.read more
The next recession or market downturn could be more painful than the last – simply because you have more money invested! Charlie has brought lessons learned from his training in the military and as an airline pilot to help clients work through various scenarios and put together a successful plan to weather the storm.read more
Airline Pilots Face Unique Challenges
Pilots Face Unique Challenges
1. FAA mandatory age 65 retirement.
2. FAA Health and Medical Requirements – Risk of losing FAA Medical.
3. Airline Pilots typically spend one third to one half of their time away from their families.
4. Airline industry specific risks; Mergers/Acquisitions, Furlough, Bankruptcy.
5. Known high-income profession – Constantly offered financial schemes and get-rich-quick gimmicks.
How Leading Edge Financial Planning Can Help
1. We have experience helping airline pilots overcome the unique challenges and risks in the airline industry. Since I am an airline pilot, I am familiar with the potential pitfalls unique to our industry and how to mitigate those risks.
2. We understand how to maximize employer benefits. We help pilots prepare for and limit the risk of losing their ability to fly due to loss of their FAA Medical.
3. We utilize the latest client service technology to help organize and simplify your personal finances, thus reducing stress in your life.
5. Our investment and financial planning process increases your chances for success and enables you to spend your valuable time at home doing the things you love instead of worrying about investments and retirement planning.
We strongly believe airline families that have a financial plan will do better than those who do not.
We have a passion for helping our airline families understand where they are now, where they want to go and the best way to get there.
Achieving this clarity in your financial life reduces uncertainty, reduces stress and increases your quality of life now as well as in retirement.
Thank you for visiting our “Landing Page.” We sincerely hope we can be of service to you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or phone. We’d love to hear from you!
All the best and fly safe!
Charlie Mattingly, CFP®, MBA
Principal and Co-founder LEFP
Free One-Hour Consultation
Please call or book a free one-hour consultation.