We help airline pilots create, grow and protect wealth so they can have as much fun in retirement as they did flying airplanes!
How can success in one profession, such as an Airline Pilot Professional translate into investing success?
Learn to use the skills and discipline that airline pilots must have to fly a safe and efficient airplane to improve your chances of successful investing.
Join Our Airline News Stream
Keep up with the latest news in the airline industry!
Pilots are at higher risk of needing disability insurance due to the stringent health standards required by the FAA. That is why it’s incredibly important you understand what insurance options are available to you and how they will work to protect you. BUT we know that disability insurance can be super confusing. Most of us get overwhelmed trying to figure it out and simply throw our hands up. In this video, Charlie and Ben trying to simplify all of the moving parts and give you a breakdown of the various disability options; short-term, long-term, loss of license and how they work in conjunction with your sick pay. Additionally, they discuss how your benefits may be affected if you have a secondary income.
Open enrollment season for airline pilots is just around the corner. Ben & Charlie explain the various investment options available to most airline pilots and suggest what order you should start utilizing them for maximum benefit.
You just landed your dream job as a pilot for a major airline. Here comes the money! Now what? With this exciting new career comes an ever-increasing salary. How do you make sure you handle this income effectively?
Make a Lot of Money But Not Getting Rich? As our income rises, we tend to experience 4 phases of growth. How we recognize and handle each phase dictates our likelihood of actually becoming wealthy in the long run.
ax season is over… why in the world did I just receive a Form 5498?! A brief explanation on why you received Form 5498 and what to do with it.
The Future of Social Security & Medicare and How it Affects You. Kevin recommends the 3 SPECIFIC STEPS he recommends you take to be prepared for any potential shortfall in your benefits.
Today we’re sharing an article filled with the “secrets” you need to know to achieve your financial goals.
Understanding your 401(k) can be confusing but it is an important element of a successful retirement plan.
However, there is strategy involved to maximize this benefit.
We discuss risk in every financial aspect of our client’s lives, from asset protection, dying early, living too long, stock market volatility, etc. However, the biggest risk we rarely discuss is the hidden risk of deteriorating physical and/or mental health in retirement.
Independent financial advisors explain that maintaining a well-diversified portfolio allocated according to your risk tolerance, investment goals, and time horizon is the key to handling market volatility.
Airline Pilots Face Unique Challenges
Pilots Face Unique Challenges
1. FAA mandatory age 65 retirement.
2. FAA Health and Medical Requirements – Risk of losing FAA Medical.
3. Airline Pilots typically spend one third to one half of their time away from their families.
4. Airline industry specific risks; Mergers/Acquisitions, Furlough, Bankruptcy.
5. Known high-income profession – Constantly offered financial schemes and get-rich-quick gimmicks.
How Leading Edge Financial Planning Can Help
1. We have experience helping airline pilots overcome the unique challenges and risks in the airline industry. Since I am an airline pilot, I am familiar with the potential pitfalls unique to our industry and how to mitigate those risks.
2. We understand how to maximize employer benefits. We help pilots prepare for and limit the risk of losing their ability to fly due to loss of their FAA Medical.
3. We utilize the latest client service technology to help organize and simplify your personal finances, thus reducing stress in your life.
5. Our investment and financial planning process increases your chances for success and enables you to spend your valuable time at home doing the things you love instead of worrying about investments and retirement planning.
We have a passion for helping our airline families understand where they are now, where they want to go and the best way to get there.
Achieving this clarity in your financial life reduces uncertainty, reduces stress and increases your quality of life now as well as in retirement.
Thank you for visiting our “Landing Page.” We sincerely hope we can be of service to you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or phone. We’d love to hear from you!
All the best and fly safe!
Charlie Mattingly, CFP®, MBA
Principal and Co-founder LEFP
Free One-Hour Consultation
Please call or book a free one-hour consultation.