We help airline pilots create, grow and protect wealth so they can have as much fun in retirement as they did flying airplanes!Contact us for your free one-hour consultation
How can success in one profession, such as an Airline Pilot Professional translate into investing success?
Learn to use the skills and discipline that airline pilots must have to fly a safe and efficient airplane to improve your chances of successful investing.
Join Our Airline News Stream
Keep up with the latest news in the airline industry!
Today we’re sharing an article filled with the “secrets” you need to know to achieve your financial goals.read more
Understanding your 401(k) can be confusing but it is an important element of a successful retirement plan.
However, there is strategy involved to maximize this benefit.
We discuss risk in every financial aspect of our client’s lives, from asset protection, dying early, living too long, stock market volatility, etc. However, the biggest risk we rarely discuss is the hidden risk of deteriorating physical and/or mental health in retirement.read more
Independent financial advisors explain that maintaining a well-diversified portfolio allocated according to your risk tolerance, investment goals, and time horizon is the key to handling market volatility.read more
How do you protect my money when the market goes down?read more
In support of the current Southwest Airlines open enrollment window, we are presenting a break down of what benefits are available and how to choose the best one for your situation. Today we are discussing the Southwest Airlines Non-Qualified Plans.read more
As a pilot, you are keenly aware of the ever-changing dynamics of the industry. Join our discussion to learn what changes we think may be coming and how they affect you.read more
One of the most powerful fears Americans experience is someone stealing their personal or financial identity. The Experian data breach affected 145 million people in the fall of 2017; that is 50% of our population. It is now our turn to take back control of this sensitive data. How? It is called a credit freeze and best of all, it’s now free to use.read more
In preparation for the upcoming Southwest Airlines open enrollment, we are presenting a break down of what benefits are available and how to choose the best one for your situation. Charlie talks about Southwest Airlines Short Term and Long Term Disability and Loss-of-License Insurance. He explains the differences between Short Term Disability (STD) A and B, Long Term Disability (LTD), Loss of License (LOL) and Voluntary LOL (VLOL), including their salary, pension, and tax implications. He also shares which selections he recommends and why.read more
What is the Current State of the Airline Industry and How does it Affect You. Special Guest Speaker Damian Jennette from the Southwest Airlines Pilot Association Negotiation Committee.read more
Airline Pilots Face Unique Challenges
Pilots Face Unique Challenges
1. FAA mandatory age 65 retirement.
2. FAA Health and Medical Requirements – Risk of losing FAA Medical.
3. Airline Pilots typically spend one third to one half of their time away from their families.
4. Airline industry specific risks; Mergers/Acquisitions, Furlough, Bankruptcy.
5. Known high-income profession – Constantly offered financial schemes and get-rich-quick gimmicks.
How Leading Edge Financial Planning Can Help
1. We have experience helping airline pilots overcome the unique challenges and risks in the airline industry. Since I am an airline pilot, I am familiar with the potential pitfalls unique to our industry and how to mitigate those risks.
2. We understand how to maximize employer benefits. We help pilots prepare for and limit the risk of losing their ability to fly due to loss of their FAA Medical.
3. We utilize the latest client service technology to help organize and simplify your personal finances, thus reducing stress in your life.
5. Our investment and financial planning process increases your chances for success and enables you to spend your valuable time at home doing the things you love instead of worrying about investments and retirement planning.
We have a passion for helping our airline families understand where they are now, where they want to go and the best way to get there.
Achieving this clarity in your financial life reduces uncertainty, reduces stress and increases your quality of life now as well as in retirement.
Thank you for visiting our “Landing Page.” We sincerely hope we can be of service to you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or phone. We’d love to hear from you!
All the best and fly safe!
Charlie Mattingly, CFP®, MBA
Principal and Co-founder LEFP
Free One-Hour Consultation
Please call or book a free one-hour consultation.